A Product Engineer 1 is a designer, problem-solver, facilitator, change agent, innovator, resource, designer and project manager. Responsible for performing these functions on issues as they are assigned (or arise) in the designated area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops new product designs and incorporates revisions to existing products for internal and external customers.
- Works from Sales requests, Customer Quote requests, Product Change Requests (PCR’s), New Item Releases (NIR’s) for cost reduction or functional enhancements.
- Checks drawings developed and drawn by others in the form of PCR’s and NIR’s.
- With supervisor, determines when samples may need to be fabricated to validate fit / function parameters and/or to send to customer for approval. Generates necessary shop drawings and assists support personnel (Model Shop Technicians, Drafters, MDM, Plant Engineering, Tool and Die, etc.) in design-related matters as needed.
- Works with Product Management, Sales Administration on cost estimating for quotes or to determine optimum design alternatives.
- Responsible to establish installation instructions and identify safety-related issues including misuse of product (to ensure appropriate warnings are included).
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
1. General industrial and manufacturing engineering functions as necessary
Education: BS in Engineering (or engineering related-field approved by manager)
Experience: Proficiency or experience in solid modeling software such Solid Works or Inventor
· Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
· Good written and oral communications
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to develop plans for accomplishing assigned work and set priorities with a proper sense of urgency.
· Ability to make timely decisions
· Average to above average PC Skills.
1. Some travel required