This is a paid summer internship opportunity located in one of Lozier facilities. Our internships provide a challenging and rewarding experience that offers real work assignments, a professional development workshop, volunteer activity, networking events and more!
An Engineering Intern is a problem-solver, facilitator, change agent, innovator, and technical resource. Responsible for performing these functions on issues as assigned (or arise) in the designated area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the successful completion of projects with clearly defined goals and scope and concise project progress reports.
- Evaluates need, analyzes options, develops plan, develops Appropriation Request (AR) if required and manages implementation of project until completed within the allotted period.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate maintenance of Item Master, Routing and Bills of Material files on corporate manufacturing data management system. Implements existing measurement tools to assist improvements in productivity.
- Collaborates with various departments and facilities and utilizes resources to secure the necessary information to enter item master data for every design.
- Alternate solutions are evaluated using sound engineering economy techniques.
- Demonstrates reasonable and regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments.
- Interacts and works well with others.
Completion of engineering coursework through a minimum of 2 years (or appropriate substitute at manager’s discretion).
- Average to above average PC Skills
- Ability to interpret drawings