Purpose of Role:
Lowes.com is one of the fastest growing e-commerce websites in retail. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director, Online Strategy and Analytics, the Online Strategy Consultant will be responsible for leading and supporting strategic initiatives and planning activities critical to Lowes.com growth and profit objectives. This Associate will be responsible for supporting the strategic planning process, Board updates, Officer meetings, business development and M&A activities, marketplace assessments, competitive analysis, and capability gap evaluations. This role works directly with members of the Strategy and Online Analytics & Reporting (OAR) team to identify business insights and recommendations used in the development and prioritization of the online strategy for the Lowe’s organization.
• Performs competitive intelligence, consumer research, financial analysis and business planning to identify new opportunities and bring recommendations to the Online leadership team.
• Completes SWOT assessments and maps out industry trends to unlock opportunities to win versus competition and delight Lowe’s customers.
• Brings an 80/20 mindset (i.e., focusing on 20% of the actions that will drive 80% of the value) to unlock major sales and profit driving opportunities.
• Effective at building presentations and conveying complex concepts in compelling ways.
• Complete capability assessments leveraging industry sources and benchmarking competition.
• Works closely and collaborates with Corporate Strategy, IT Analytics, Digital Marketing, Customer Insights and Online Merchandising teams to complete projects.
• Becomes an expert working closely with the Online Analytics and Reporting team to understand various data metrics, insights and drive towards recommendations.
• Brings innovative ideas and concepts to improve the business based on internal and external data insights and market reviews.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Strategy, or a similar field
• 3+ years’ experience completing complex analysis leveraging internal financial data, competitive intelligence and consumer insights
• 3+ years’ experience in strategic or management consulting working directly with clients of Fortune 500 companies, preferably in retail or consumer products OR 3+ years’ experience working in a corporate environment, Omni-channel retail with focus on e-commerce