This position trains to originate corn and negotiate forward contracts to buyers of distillers’ grains, assist and implement in devising corn origination strategies and distiller’s grains sales programs and manage logistics and receivables in support of the ethanol processing operation at a dry mill ethanol plant.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Train to aggressively originate corn by developing a rapport with local farming community through direct communication.
• Maintain daily communication, organize logistical services, and assist with accounting issues with suppliers and customers.
• Train to manage inbound truck logistics for corn origination and outbound truck logistics for distillers’ grains.
• Train to negotiate forward sales contracts to buyers of wet and dry distillers’ grains and devise and execute origination strategies in corn and distillers’ grains.
• Gathers news, statistics and information related to individual commodity supply and demand from customers and trade sources, and distributes that information to the remainder of the group to support overall strategic trading/positioning (i.e., contributes to research function)
• Helps manage receivables and facilitates innovative methods to keep accounts receivable and average number of days to pay at a minimum
• Identifies, qualifies and captures new business; develops and contributes to customer/supplier list.
• Takes inventory measurements on corn, chemicals, and By-products.
• Works closely with corn receiving office, learns Compuweigh and probing / grading operations. Occasionally communicates with truckers/suppliers regarding quality.
• Other duties as assigned