Marketing & Communication Internship (unpaid)
Are you creative and energetic? Do you have a passion for recreation? Are you interested in a job that allows you to give back to your community? Then #JoinTheFunWithPRCS and become part of the team at Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services! If you have a positive attitude, good communication skills, and are self-motivated, we have an immediate opening part time and full time unpaid Marketing & Communication Internships at Claude Moore Recreation and Community Center, located in Sterling, VA.
As a Marketing & Communication Intern you will:
- Work with a team of Graphic Design interns to help create new marketing materials
- Research material for non-promotional social media posts
- Create a marketing calendar
- Work as a team with the Recreation Program Coordinator, Recreation Programmers, and Fitness Programmer at the facility to enhance existing marketing materials and program descriptions.
- Work with Facebook, Instagram, and email marketing.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work as a team
- Be familiar with Microsoft 365
- Be eager to learn
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule
- Be able to adapt to the current policies and procedures relating to COVID-19
- Have access to their own personal computer as we are not sharing work stations at this time due to COVID-19
- Be open to doing virtual, or a hybrid of virtual and in person internship.
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule; which could include early mornings, days, evenings and weekends to meet center needs
- Part-time Internship: at least 15 hours a week with a total of 240 hours within a 6 month period.
- Full-time Internship: at least 30 hours a week with a total of 400 hours within a 6 month period.
- Not to exceed 40 hours within a work week
- Hours are reported every 2 weeks.
- Opportunities to extend the internship are available
How to apply:
- Contact the Recreation Program Coordinator, Rachel Jennings, for an interview and to discuss potential options.
- Bring a copy of your resume and all required paperwork from your program fully completed to the scheduled interview.
- The Marketing & Communication Internship is only eligible for college credit if the appropriate paperwork is submitted at least 9 weeks prior to a potential start date. Both Loudoun County Recreation Parks and Community Services and your College or University must agree to the terms submitted within that time frame. Those terms must be agreed upon and signed by all parties prior to a start date for the potential internship. Applicants are fully responsible for contacting their departments to inquire about the necessary paperwork and steps needed, as they vary between colleges and departments. Applicants are also responsible for submitting the paperwork fully completed at least 9 weeks prior.
- The Marketing & Communication Internships are unpaid positions.
- The Internships can be catered to your specific needs and interests, including the hours, schedule, and specific job title.
- An Internship at Claude Moore Recreation and Community Center can give you exposure and experience with marketing for aquatic programs, fitness programs, preschool programs, special events, community services, camps, and a variety of programs. During COVID-19 we are re-creating our existing programs and creating new ones. It is a very fast paced environment at the moment. It is a great place to gain a variety of experience and we are happy to take the time to help you improve your skills and give you the opportunity to be creative.
Please contact us for more information and to set up a meeting and interview.
All internships are adapted to meet the current guidelines for COVID-19, as of September 2020 this means that internships are mostly or completely virtual.