The Transaction Advisory Practice (“TAP”) provides consultative property & casualty insurance and employee benefits due diligence services to the private equity community and Lockton’s existing client base. This team of experienced professionals provides a comprehensive assessment of the financial and legal impact of insurance and employee benefits on a potential acquisition from both a purchase price and ongoing operational perspective.
The Benefits Analyst will support the diligence efforts for Lockton’s TAP under the guidance of the Practice Lead, Transaction Advisors, and Transaction Analysts. This person will catalogue, analyze, and evaluate information gathered from the target company to assess potential deal issues and cost impacts to our client, the buyer.
- Work collaboratively with the TAP team to ensure the diligence process is accessible and efficient for Producers and clients.
- Track deal flow from Deal In to Closing.
- Set-up new deals in Lockton’s transaction tracking platforms.
- Prepare each project’s employee benefits data request list.
- Maintain the employee benefits data request list for health and welfare (“H&W”), defined contribution retirement plans (401(k), SIMPLE IRA, etc.), defined Benefit plans, executive plans, ESOPS, SERPs, Retiree Benefits, etc.
- Monitor data room activity and mine data accordingly for all types of benefit plans.
- Set-up client invoices (combined Employee benefits and P&C insurance) and distribute to the appropriate parties.
- Draft Health and Welfare and all other applicable exhibits to the diligence report, including financial and plan design comparisons.
- Participate in Benefits data request conference calls.
- Participate in the diligence read-out calls and other subsequent calls.
- Monitor and keep the data request list and memo templates up-to-date regarding PPACA, ERISA, DOL, IRS changes/updates and clarifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant business discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion simultaneously.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret employee benefits and financial information accurately and with attention to detail.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- High aptitude for mathematical calculations and applicable legal concepts.
- Basic understanding of business & accounting principles, as well as financial statements in relation to employee benefits concepts.