Lincoln Surgical Hospital is an innovative healthcare leader in providing exceptional surgical services for our patients. Our dedicated physicians and staff strive to achieve optimal surgical outcomes in a patient focused atmosphere.
Hours: 30 hours per pay period (2 weeks), Monday – Friday between the hours of 6:00 am – 4:30 pm. One 10 hour shift one week, two 10 hour shifts the second week.
The Physician Liaison (liaison), RN serves as a personal contact for credentialed practitioners at Lincoln Surgical Hospital. The liaison provides Electronic Health Record (EHR) support as well as addresses questions and concerns relating to the EHR.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Functions as resource for practitioners regarding EHR education, provides ongoing support and addresses questions and concerns in a timely manner. Support includes but is not limited to: new provider training, access entry, order entry, e-prescribing, progress notes, medication reconciliation, mobile rounding, and discharge.
- Serves as a liaison between the EHR team and the medical staff ensuring that the system is optimized for effective practitioner use.
- Creates and maintains training material and documentation as it relates to EHR enhancements and new functionality.
- Maintains a daily presence in clinical areas to provide and ensure immediate support to practitioners.
- Enters information into the electronic health record (EHR) or chart at the direction of and under the supervision of the practitioner.
- Coordinate aspects of training, communication, implementation of existing or new functionality to practitioner.
- Collaborate with team members in problem-solving issues, process improvement and implementation projects related to practitioner use of the EHR.
- Functions as a liaison between practitioner(s) and software vendor.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State of Nebraska as a Registered Nurse. Current licensure from a compact state requires Nebraska to be declared as their primary state of residence within thirty (30) days and must also obtain a Nebraska temporary permit or nursing license.
- Experienced in Meditech 6.1 Acute Physician Order Management and Physician Documentation modules preferred.