Performs laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of materials for such purposes as quality control, process control, or process development.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications.
· Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as Spectrophotometer, High Pressure Liquid Chromatograph, Atomic Absorption, PH meters, Weight measurements scale, and all other equipment needed to check chemical concentrations.
· Tests solutions used in processes such as anodizing, plating, cleaning and pickling for chemical concentration, specific gravity, ductility, deposit stress, or other characteristics.
· Inspects effluent for in-house monitoring. Tests for compliance to government regulations.
· Records test results on standardized forms.
· Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment. Calibrates laboratory instruments.
· Any other tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Could potentially handle hazardous waste in containerizing, transporting, testing, or other assigned duties.
· Verifies and calibrates chemical, electrical, and physical gauges to ensure proper operation.
· Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
· Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
· Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries’ Beliefs and Drivers.
· Reports to: Manager, Process Control Engineering
· Supervises: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: Currently working on undergraduate degree in STEM field
Preferred: Currently working on undergraduate degree in chemistry or chemical related field
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
· Ability to interpret nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,)
· Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables