SUMMARY: Provide mechanical engineering assistance related to development and transition of products to production in a manufacturing environment.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Collect and analyze engineering data.
· Coordinate sample parts processing and shipment.
· Assist in developing processes to produce parts through our manufacturing plant.
· Compile documentation of processes for customer certification.
· Design and analyze in Pro/Engineer or SolidWorks.
· Design and conduct manufacturing trials.
· Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
· Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
· Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
· Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries’ Beliefs and Drivers.
· Reports to: Director, Engineering
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: Applicants must have at least a sophomore standing currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Must have experience with solid modeling software, such as SolidWorks or Pro/Engineer.
· Must have strong technical capabilities.
· Must have excellent technical writing skills.
· Candidates must be able to work both independently and in a team oriented environment.
· Must be a self-starter and able to ask questions to complete assignments on-time and with attention to detail.
· Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form