Lincoln Housing Authority is seeking a Community Learning Center (CLC) Intern to assist the CLC School Community Coordinator with after-school youth programs and activities at the Arnold Community Learning Center. This will include assisting with: after school clubs at Arnold Elementary, family support programs and special events, summer programs, and other duties related to youth and family programs.
The position offers a flexible schedule during the school year between the hours of 1:00 – 5:30pm M-F and summer hours 9:00am-1:00pm up to a maximum of 19 hours a week. Summer dates are June 1 – July 23; fall semester dates are September 1 – December 22.
Experience and/or skills required include:
- Major course work in education, child development, social science or human services.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with elementary-aged youth and a variety of human service programs and providers is desirable.
- Ability to work with and build rapport with a variety of people, including other staff, youth, volunteers, and community residents.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling activities and motivated to take on a variety of challenging tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with a culturally diverse population.
This internship opportunity provides students with valuable on-the-job experience related to their field of study.
- Starting pay is $10.00/hour.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college or university at least part-time and maintain a 2.75 GPA. LHA’s preference would be for a one-year commitment to this position.
- To apply, complete an application for employment at www.L-housing.com. A resume and cover letter may be attached.
- Background checks will be conducted on final candidates.
- LHA will practice strict social distancing, require a facial covering, and will observe similar safety precautions during the interview process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER