General Purpose of the Role
The Sales Specialist will perform and deliver on routine and non-routine assignments for their assigned area(s) of responsibility independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. As A specialist, you will pre-qualify and process quotes for new business less than 100 lives. They will also prioritize and follow-up on duties involving pricing & discounting. This position will align to specific regions and provide support to sales and administrative functions across the business, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations and continues to acquire more knowledge to apply in role.
- Calculates and formats census data for input into the Quote Engine System.
- Communicates and obtains from brokers any needed information such as rate verification, experience, census and other missing materials.
- Communicates and provides a diverse range of information to brokers and clients on LFG service model, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with multiple business areas demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness to deliver on customer needs.
- Delivers routine work independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of product information and guidelines to support brokers with general questions.
- Follows up and confers with internal stakeholders to support marketing representatives.
- Makes routine & non-routine decisions, applying limited but increasingly more discretion within role except for matters of significance which affect the business as a whole or a significant part of it, in accordance with established procedures & guidelines
- Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
- Prequalifies potential new business by reviewing and entering information on appropriate system and reviewing underwriting guidelines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Processes increasingly complex quotes and provides brokers with proposals after applying appropriate quoting parameters, pricing and discounting in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Provides a diverse range of information and performs a diverse range of tasks/transactions related to common programs and services.
- Provides additional support as needed with the sales office and across the enterprise.
- Provides customer service at every touchpoint when greeting and interacting with internal and external customers in person, email and via the telephone in a professional courteous and helpful manner.
- Reviews request for quotes and other pertinent materials submitted by brokers for completeness and accuracy.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Works overtime as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Adaptability to different working styles and environments.
- Demonstrated customer service commitment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and ability to prioritize work; ability to work independently.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Supports flexible work scheduled environment with ability to work extended hours as needed; regular and predictable attendance is required.
- High School or GED – Minimum Required
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred
- 2 – 3 Years Experience working in a sales or customer service environment. (Required )