This internship will support LES Projects Engineering engineers and Generation Operations staff for assigned projects.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Job Technical Skills – Under direct supervision, provides professional engineering support in the areas of assignment while learning the specifics of working in a utility setting. Specific duties may include research, testing equipment, and assisting engineers with projects. When directed, develop, monitor, and maintain projects status and schedules, as authorized by management. Develop knowledge and skills needed to complete assigned projects on time, efficiently, and safely. CO-OP assignments require a full semester and summer session commitment. Consistent and reliable attendance is required.
- Researches new technologies for application to the department.
- Writes or presents results of research highlighting the pros and cons of equipment from applicable vendors.
- Writes supporting reports and complete special projects which will require researching, analyzing, and interpreting many different types of reference material which address current or proposed projects.
- Collaborates with staff and management to identify applicable operating and engineering requirements.
- Assists staff on major projects for partial or complete sections of the project including routine design calculations, justification or specifications.
Accountability– The individual in this position holds self and others responsible for goals, outcomes, deadlines, and objectives and follows through on commitments. Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
Teamwork – Seeking a candidate who has the ability to effectively interact, cooperate, collaborate, and manage conflicts with other people. Shows enthusiasm toward being a member of the group; actively participates in team meetings and activities; leverages the skills and interests of coworkers to achieve goals and solve problems; supports team decisions.
Job Technical Skills – The successful candidate keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Working on Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license