Salary Range: $59,415.00 – $74,269.00
The primary responsibilities for this position include maintaining LES’ corporate governance documentation framework that facilitates and supports effective management decision-making, facilitates executive oversight, and meets the legal needs of the organization; monitoring legislative policy as it relates to the organization and coordinating LES engagement in such issues as directed.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Job Technical Skills — Acts as a resource in his or her area of specialty, effectively communicating concepts and information to others. Stays up to date with current developments in areas of expertise to add value and provide insight to the team and company. Effectively uses technology.
- Works collaboratively with all internal customers to identify, define, and manage corporate policies, programs, and associated processes to maintain corporate governance and remain compliant with legal and business needs.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory actions and tracks advancement of policy including legislative bills, rules or other items, which may entail monitoring of committee hearings, securing committee testimony and records preparation.
Critical and Analytical Thinking — Critically reviews, analyzes, compares, and interprets information and identifies inconsistent or missing information required to make a business decision. Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans providing detailed insight and constructive feedback into issues and complex situations.
- Researches, recommends, and implements corporate business requirements, performs operational analysis and synthesizes complex concepts into simple business programs for end users.
- Assists in identifying industry specific external policy issues and the impact they may have on stakeholders. Helps develop external policy recommendations on priority federal and state issues.
Quality Orientation — Successful candidates will ensure that completed work exceeds quality standards. Candidates should have the ability to competently apply tools and techniques for reviewing work quality, quantity, and timeliness while applying organizational policy and procedure guidance to work decisions.
- Researches and creates background documents for management and administrative board members, to include new policy research, existing policy updates, talking points, biographies, one-pagers, and other original materials
- Prepare documents including testimony, summaries, presentations, position letters, and correspondence to elected officials, management and the board.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, and
- At least two years of relevant work experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.