The Institutional Sales team is constantly handling questions from very sophisticated potential investors about the nature and character of our returns and performance. These questions often require us to run various statistical analyses relating to our performance attribution, correlations, comparisons to competitors, etc.
The faster we can reply, the more credible we appear, and the more likely we are to advance the sales process with the investor.
In addition, as we have a long track record, we should be able to glean tremendous insight into our performance that will accomplish 2 goals: First, to create marketing messaging around the particular insights that are compelling and positive; and Second, provide the investment team with insight that may help them get better at everything from hedging to exposure management.
The intern will learn aspects of portfolio management and analysis; how allocators evaluate a prospective manager; how the allocation process works; how different cohorts of institutional investors function and execute the allocation and research process; and generally, institutional sales with regard to hedge funds specifically, and financial services generally.
- Time commitment — 5+ hours a week; largely determined by investor requests, though ongoing projects / sprints may take less time and can be performed asynchronously.
- The person will report to Adam, head of Institutional sales
- We would like this person to start ASAP
- Specifics include all manner of data mining our returns and our historical portfolio holdings. With regard to the portfolio, we might be interested in our top 5 historical performers; or what has been the average holding position of a short; or what sectors have we been the most successful in; or from what length of holding period have we made the most alpha?
- Currently enrolled in an BA or MBA program
- Will commit to 10 hours/week
- Will commit to participate in the internship for a minimum of 6 months
- Extraordinary work ethic
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for resume submission is November 6, 2020. Your cover letter must:
- State whether you are able to commit to the internship for the entire duration indicated above, including a minimum of 10 hours per week time commitment.
- State that you understand this is an unpaid internship
- Confirm that you will be able to obtain academic credit from your school for the entire duration of the internship.
- Include a statement expressing your interest in data analytics for a fintech company.