We are currently looking for a dynamic Staff Accountant to prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities at our Omaha location.
• Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
• Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
• Maintains the general ledger.
• Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
• Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
• Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
• Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
• Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
• Lead the multi-state and multi-jurisdiction sales tax process, to include overall compliance and tax return preparation.
• Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
• Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
• Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.