We are currently looking for a professional and reliable Weekend Dispatcher to act as our company’s first point of contact for emergency and non-emergency calls. In this position, you will answer driver calls, coordinate road service, answer customer communications, coordinate with daytime operations management, create the initial report for any accidents, and log corrections/issues electronically. Please note this is a weekend night position.
To excel in this position, all candidates should be able to multi-task in stressful conditions with little supervision. In addition to being an excellent communicator, the ideal candidate will also demonstrate superb organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as data entry skills.
After Hours Dispatcher Responsibilities:
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls and document important information.
- Respond to any issues and follow-up by coordinating with the appropriate departments or field units.
- Operate and manage a multi-line telephone console system.
- Respond to queries related to products and deliveries.
- Use the radio, phone or computer to direct crews and other field units to the appropriate sites.
- Prioritize and organize calls according to urgency.
- Supervise the route and status of field units to prioritize their schedule.
- Maintain and update call logs, call records and other important documentation.
- Pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of emergency processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with proven experience in data entry.
- Ability to work well under pressure.