Application Period: June 21st, 2021 – July 25th, 2021
Start Date / End Date: August 1st, 2021 – July 31st, 2022 (training Aug. 1st- Sept. 11th)
Requirements: Must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable source of transportation.
Location/Positions: Remote training via Google Classroom. Work is remote with a mix of local in-person and virtual presentations. Ambassadors will not be expected to travel further than 3 hours from their home-base to give in-person presentations. We’re looking to hire 28 remote ambassadors at universities around the country!
About Legacy Youth Leadership + Thirst Project:
Legacy Youth Leadership is a non-profit organization that works to build a socially-conscious and active generation of young people. We provide free educational and activism programs as well as leadership coaching & mentoring to young people to supplement students’ existing school and youth development. By partnering with cause-focused organizations, we connect with students around the world and activate them to make a positive impact in their communities. Our current partner, Thirst Project, is the world’s leading water activism organization, working to see the END of the global water crisis.
785 million people do not have access to clean drinking water, and Thirst Project is committed to doing something about it. Thirst Project exists to END the global water crisis. Since 2008, they’ve funded over 3,000 clean water projects that have provided safe, clean water to more than 330,000 people in 13 countries. Together, our goal is to end the water crisis and develop a generation of young leaders along the way. Bold? Yes. Attainable? Yes, but not without you.
We’re looking for passionate and hella energetic people who are committed to educating young people about current social issues while pushing students to take action around the causes they care about, including the global water crisis. Ambassadors for the Trailblazer Program are remote agents who will be spearheading the charge of raising awareness about the water crisis and motivating students to take action through leadership and mentorship programs. So… you’re kind of a big deal.
This is a 1 year program that starts with 6 weeks of remote training. We’ll give you all the tools & swag to become a master at giving high energy, highly motivational, presentations to audiences of all sizes and demographics. Your speech will be one of the many tools in your arsenal to inspire students to make a tangible impact in the world and help end the global water crisis! At the end of the day, your main goal is CONVERSION! You will encourage every student you meet to join the mentorship programs offered by LYL so they can develop the skills to take action for the water crisis and other causes!
- Give highly motivational 40-45 minute presentations in schools and virtually to thousands of young people. You’re basically Beyonce (minus a few million Insta followers).
- Become an expert on social issues, like the global water crisis, and how to help students start their leadership journey to make an impact on the world today!
- Educate and motivate students before the presentation, during the presentation, after the presentation, at the gas station, at Subway, on Insta and Snapchat…. you get the point.
- We’re BIG goal people around here! We’ll set goals for presentations, butts in seats, conversion rates, all that good stuff— You will help us CRUSH them!
- Invite students to be part of our mentorship programs at the end of every presentation. We want students to go on a life changing journey to better themselves and better the world.
- Manage student leaders & school logistics to ensure presentations are properly planned, executed, and followed up with. You got 99 problems, but organization ain’t one.
- Plan and execute one awareness campaign/activity for Thirst Project’s & Legacy Youth Leadership’s social media channels. The sky’s the limit, so dream big!
- Participate in monthly virtual check-in meetings with HQ and your regional team. It’s YOUR job to build and manage your school tour; but it’s OUR job to help you succeed!
- Charisma. Confident and articulate presenter with the ability to captivate the audience.
- Outgoing. Must feel comfortable talking & connecting with anyone you meet.
- Self-starter: Ability to multi-task is a must, detail oriented (this is huge), logistically sound, with a self starter mentality.
- Student-centered: You want to end the water crisis and you believe 100% that it’s the power of youth that will do it! You’re driven, not just by giving people clean water, but by growing students into leaders! You must love to work with young people because you will be in a mentorship role encouraging young people to change the world. Young. Wild. Free.
- FUN! Youthful, highly relational, with student leadership experience preferred. Tell us you can lead young people without actually telling us you can lead young people!
- FREE ticket to the next Legacy Summit at Pepperdine University (with your fellow Ambassadors) for a 4-day leadership camp. Think Coachella + TedTalk + camping trip with your favorite humans + contagious energy comparable to a golden retriever puppy.
- The Ambassador with the highest conversion rate (# of students joining LYL programs) will get a trip to eSwatini to see the impact of their work firsthand.
- The Ambassador that speaks to the most students (aka: gets the most butts in seats!) will get a trip to the annual Legacy Ball/Thirst Gala to meet everyone in the LYL + Thirst Project world and be celebrated for literally trailblazing a new path of world-changers in their community.
- SUPER flexible scheduling. Literally. The work is remote so you pretty much build your own schedule. You get out what you put in!
- Compensation for up to twelve presentations that you will give! As well as reimbursement for ALL Ambassador-related travel AND bonuses depending on performance!
Other AMAZING Perks:
- Leadership skills – you’ll perfect your public speaking technique, your ability to move people, network, and even hone some technical skills that’ll make you an attractive candidate for ANY job. #GetYouSomeoneWhoCanDoItALL
- Be a part of something HUGE: Our partnership with Thirst Project has us committed to bringing the entire country of eSwatini clean water. You get to say you helped make that happen. Don’t humble brag that ish.
- #Squad: This is a super competitive position. You’ll be part of the biggest, baddest, thirstiest squad out there making social change. Wherever you go, you’ll meet amazing young people and super inspiring (and successful) adults who are obsessed with what we do.
- Fun surprises: You’ll never know what you have waiting for you throughout the year (we aren’t creepy, we promise)!
Our School Tour is the most important piece of Legacy Youth Leadership’s partnership with Thirst Project and the main way we reach students with our mission. We only grow as YOU go with the message of the water crisis. If you are ready to be the foundation of this movement then please apply!
How to apply:
Whether you’ve been helping out our partner, Thirst Project, for years or you’re new here, we want you to APPLY! Good news is‒ it’s SUPER simple! Just send a one-page resume AND a fun one-minute video detailing a little bit about yourself and why you’re interested in becoming an Ambassador. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: (YOUR FIRST NAME) WANTS TO LEAVE A LEGACY! Don’t forget to include contact information so we can connect! Note, we’re severely allergic to boring cover letters and resumes. Be creative. Be YOU.