Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a Precision Ag Intern! Do you have a passion for agriculture and a strong interest in the field of precision agriculture? Are you detail-oriented, agronomy-minded, and great with technology? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can assist our Precision Ag team in understanding, implementing, and marketing various precision agriculture technologies. At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and an engaging internship geared for your success!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Learn basic fundamentals of Precision Agriculture and its uses in farming systems.
- Attend GIS software training. (SST)
- Ride along with Precision Ag Technicians on installs and sales calls.
- Attend Precision Planting Training.
- Understand and perform soil sampling.
- Ride along with Field Sales Agronomists to understand the positioning of Precision Ag tools.
- Help develop presentations materials and packages for Field Sales Agronomists.
- Complete computer work involving assembling yield data and summaries for Growers/Field Sales Agronomists.
- Gain understanding of the sampling and importing of data process.
- Must have a valid state vehicle license.
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year post-secondary program with an emphasis in accounting.
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of precision ag platforms is beneficial.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled