Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a 101 Intern! Do you have a passion for agriculture and have a desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who is eager to learn about all aspects of Landus Cooperative while directly assisting in each department. At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and an engaging internship geared for your success!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Gain knowledge in the areas of agronomy, grain, animal nutrition, and administration.
- Scout fields with Field Sales Agronomist to learn about plant development/anatomy, products/services offered, customer relationships, and the future of agronomy business.
- Develop an understanding of the CBOT with merchandisers to know geographical, logistical, and economical marketing decisions.
- Learn about the daily operations of a grain elevator through observing Quality and Quantity inventory measurements and understanding the outside operations involved with grain flow.
- Participate in various animal nutrition departments such as feed accounting, production, administration, and Dairy Nutrition Plus.
- Engage in higher level administration processes such as budgeting, risk management, cash flows, balance sheets, and monthly financials.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year post-secondary program.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled