Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a Crop Scout Intern! Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with crops? Would you consider yourself reliable and detail-oriented? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can work with our Precision Ag and Agronomy team to support our ag marketing strategy and plan. At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and an engaging internship geared for your success!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Assist Field Sales Agronomist with crop scouting, soil sampling, and agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Assist Field Sales Agronomist in maintaining the test plot.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Must have a valid state vehicle license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year post-secondary program with an emphasis in agronomy or ag-related field.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled