This is a Maintenance position working for Landscapes Unlimited at a golf course in Sunset, SC.
This position includes housing and potential travel reimbursement.
Responsible for performing the tasks associated with the daily maintenance of the golf course, associated grounds, and project implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Operates mowing equipment; mows greens, tees, fairways, rough, bunker banks and native grass.
2. Performs bunker maintenance; rakes and moves sand, edges, and pulls weeds.
3. Ensures that all areas around trees, bunkers, cart paths, signs and other golf course features are maintained and edged.
4. Installs and maintains landscaping plant material and performs all associated landscaping duties.
5. Assists with the repairs and maintenance of the irrigation system features.
6. Performs golf course set up; cup cutting, tee cleanup, divot filling, ball mark repair, trash and debris removal, and golf ball washer maintenance.
7. Cleans, fuels, and stores equipment after each use. Refreshes oil and other lubricants as directed by the equipment technician. Reports equipment problems promptly to the appropriate supervisor.
8. Possesses an understanding of the equipment and how to best maintain it for maximum life and minimum downtime.
9. Complies with golf course etiquette rules.
10. Must be well mannered, display a smile at all times, greet guests, member and fellow employees when encountered, show appreciation to the guests and the members, and demonstrate a willingness to help guests and members at all times.
11. Possesses and understanding of the importance of safety and sees that safe operation procedures are observed in all daily activities. Adheres to the safety program.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the work and success of the club and the Company by being service- and solution-oriented, having positive interactions with all club staff and members/guests, and meeting established quality, service and safety expectations.
- Performs additional assignments per the direction of club or Company managers.
14. Regular and punctual attendance on site for all scheduled shifts is required.
WORK HOURS AND CONDITIONS
Work hours may include early mornings and evenings on weekdays, weekends and holidays. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement (non-threatening) weather, plant protection products, fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, and sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Able to effectively and safely operate mowers, sand raking machines, power tools, utility carts, weed eaters, and shovels/hand tools.
2. Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
3. Mechanical aptitude.
4. Ability to follow oral and written directions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Previous golf course maintenance experience preferred.