DEPARTMENT: Guest Services Team (Food & Beverage/General Store/Ticketing)
POSITIONS INCLUDE: Team Members, Kitchen Lead/Cooks
· Part-time hours available
· Flexible scheduling to work around your schedules
· Extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed and available
· 40 hours/week available during summer
· Ongoing hours available year round based on events
Lancaster Event Center (LEC) fairgrounds is a premier, multi-use event facility in the Midwest home to 300+ events annually from livestock and trade shows to indoor/outdoor spectator events to weddings and banquets including the annual Super Fair organized by LEC fairgrounds team.
The Guest Services Team is primarily responsible for delivering guest services during events such as: food prep, answering guest questions, cash & ticket handling, inventory control, merchandise and supply restocking, facility upkeep and other duties as needed that ensure our guests receive the best customer experience possible.
These duties will be performed in a variety of locations both indoors and outdoors including permanent cafes, banquet halls, livestock barn service desks at General Store, indoor/outdoor “popup” food & beverage, ticketing and camping/bedding service desks including the new Grandstand Arena and National-Event Campground.
· Honest, trustworthy, reliable, flexible and strives to go above and beyond
· Agriculture/animal/4-H/FFA/rodeo/nature background/interest preferred but not required
· Willingness to learn and to work hard in variety of situations and environments while providing professional, friendly services to our guests who vary from local to across the USA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Food prep and service in accordance with Health Dept. regulations & guidelines
o Correctly operates all food service equipment
o Proper food handling procedures
· Cash handling
o Accurate count of start-up and ending cash drawers, change counting and sales transactions
o Accurate use of ShopKeep software on provided iPads to sell food & beverage and General Store services
· Daily restocking of merchandise and completing weekly inventory sheets, daily waste tracking sheets
· Daily cleaning of cafes, service desks and equipment
· Trash removal from and around café stands and food/guest service areas
· Event Service support to include the following:
o Displays & merchandising
o Banquet setup and serving
o Pop-up bar set up and tear down
o Special event setup/service/teardown for weddings, receptions, indoor/outdoor spectator events food & beverage, ticketing points of sale etc.
o Use Ungerboeck event software camping portal on a computer to maintain accurate documentation of all camping reservations
o Use eTix/other ticketing software on a computer to sell/scan tickets
o Accurately sell and fill out sales slips for all customers as they arrive to the General Store or cafe
o Prompt communication with Operations Team for quick delivery of sold items
· Act as friendly face of LEC fairgrounds with guests to answer any question or find them the right Team member/manager who can
· Handle complaints in a calm manner and ensure they are immediately followed up on by yourself or a supervisor as needed
· Maintain a safe environment for yourself, your fellow team members and for guests at all times
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
· Willingness to learn LEC fairgrounds café menu items and event specials
· Willingness to learn easy-to-use event software on provided laptops, tablets or mobile devices including: Ungerboeck, ShopKeep, eTix, etc.
· Ability to count back correct change
· Knowledge of or willingness to learn practices and procedures related to variety of LEC fairgrounds events ranging from animal shows, youth education events, motorsports, rodeos, food & beverage and nonprofit events etc.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic with attention to detail without close supervision as work on the 160-acre fairgrounds
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and written
· Ability to work well under pressure and to take breaks on variable schedule including at end of shift if busy
· Willingness to work during events with animals, outdoors, sometimes dusty and non-airconditioned environments.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds periodically without harming self.
· Ability to work on feet entire shift.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
· Must obtain a Liquor Server/Seller Permit & Prep Cook Food Handlers license from local government authorities. The cost of these licenses are paid by the LEC fairgrounds team member after six months of service with a minimum 20 hours/month worked and thereafter will be reimbursed by LEC fairgrounds if you provide receipt to the Food & Beverage Manager.
· Previous experience(s) will be certified after hire and may make you eligible for additional pay including food & beverage preparation, cashiering, ticket selling, software(s) etc.
· Team Leads & Supervisors must be ages 19+ due to alcohol serving laws
· Team Members: Starts at $11/hr. + tips
· Kitchen Leads/ Cooks: Starts at $13/hr. +tips
Visit LancasterEventCenter.org/careers and submit online application
OR send resume with desired position to LEC fairgrounds Hiring Manager Sue Morrison at SMorrison@LancasterEventCenter.org.