Position Title and Overview
Lake Cunningham Recreation Programmer
The Recreation Programmer position is for an individual, over the age of 19, who enjoys working outside and planning and executing camp activities for kids programming! This job will include many responsibilities, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful nature experience for youth! Our Recreation Programmer takes ownership in Lake Cunningham’s day programs and enjoys infusing their own creativity and talents into their weekly schedules. Not only will you oversee all youth activities and equipment, but you will also be asked to coordinate scheduled recreation programming events and plan and communicate logistics with different organizations in the community. Our Recreation Programmer staff is the backbone of our programs and therefore, we pride ourselves in giving them an incredible amount of support.
· Work with groups in the community to provide a fun, safe and exciting Lake Cunningham nature experience
· Communicate via phone and email and coordinate monthly program schedules with various groups and organizations in the community
· Work with and supervise kids in a supportive manner
· Assign and plan daily program activities for groups to partake in
· Greet kids upon arrival and transport them to the camp area
· Establish emergency rules and safety procedures with campers and staff, especially with activities involving the lake such as kayaking, fishing, paddleboarding, etc.
· Shop for camp supplies, staying in budget provided by Lake Cunningham
· Prepare activities in advance
· Ability to cook over a bonfire and assist kids with their meal preparation
· Manage any issues that may arise including, but not limited to, camper behavior issues
· Ability to work with children to grow character, experiences and insights
· Knowledge and experience with camp program and planning
· Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
· Prior experience working with children in a leadership position
· Enthusiastic, responsible, dependable, level-headed, flexible, and calm in all situations
· CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins.