We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
Please note: We conduct virtual/video interviews – whenever possible – using Microsoft Teams, which is very similar to Zoom or Google Meet.WE HAVE JUST WHAT YOU NEED
Choosing a job that you feel good about is more important than ever.
We know you need a flexible, even personalized, schedule, and you want to feel safe at work.
WE ARE WORKING HARD TO CREATE A SAFER & HEALTHIER WORKPLACE
Here is what we are doing to keep customers and employees safe
To avoid crowding, we are evaluating store capacities on a regular basis and always set limits that are at or below state guidelines.
We’re maintaining the highest level of sanitization in all shopping and employee areas, including more frequent and thorough cleanings.
We’re enforcing strict social distancing measures in our stores, with clearly marked signage and regular reminders over the store PA system.
All employees are required to wear face coverings when working with customers or whenever they cannot maintain proper social distance
We’ve installed plexiglass barriers at all point-of-sale locations to create an extra level of protection for employees and customers.
MANDATORY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRES
Before every shift, employees are required to fill out a brief questionnaire to make sure they are feeling healthy and not exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE!
Love of the outdoors is a common thread among Bean employees, whether we pursue active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities.
As an L.L.Bean store employee- You’ll be joining one of the most respected and trusted retailers in the country working with a team of outstanding service providers and outdoor enthusiasts!
Important to know: You can use your employee discount – one-third off – just about everything we sell -online or in our stores starting on your first day.
AND SO YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We want someone who can consistently deliver world-class customer service within one or more outdoor gear/apparel departments and/or one or more focus areas.
Our employees are stewards of the L.L.Bean brand, which is a responsibility we take seriously every day.
Our employees don’t hesitate to
- Approach and engage each customer
- Listen! Then provide the right level of information and service (there are no scripts!)
- Build trusting relationships- they establish a personal connection before sharing their expertise
- Use technology and resources to provide seamless, fast omni-channel service.
- Really like working with each other
- Get tons of praise from our customers
- Are unflappable and can turn a challenge into a service opportunity.
- Are credible. They talk about our core outdoor activities and even participate in some of them.
- Help people improve their well-being. They actively promote and create excitement around L.L. Bean sponsored activities including Outdoor Discovery programs or the L.L. Bean Credit Card.
- Demonstrate Bean’s values – from their heart and from head to toe.
- Prove every day that they pay attention to merchandising standards while assisting multiple customers (folding, replenishing, sizing, organizing). They manage to contribute to a well-organized back of house too!
- May even engage in light housekeeping duties when needed.
The occasional side trail requires employees to
- Answer inbound customer calls at a rapid rate and use multiple systems (including L.L.Bean.com) to process orders and answer customer questions quickly and accurately in an extraordinarily helpful and friendly manner
- Pick & Ship product from the floor to fill orders (using POS)
SO IF YOU HAVE THESE 5 THINGS, PLEASE APPLY SO WE CAN MEET YOU!
- A smile!
- Passion — for serving customers!
- Love of the outdoors!
- Flexibility to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays – and we are happy to be flexible too!
- A desire to be part of a healthy workplace and workforce!
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
From coastal marsh to alpine forest, ecosystems depend on diversity to flourish. We believe the same is true in the workplace. That’s why L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.