KVC Nebraska is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you!
People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of thousands of children and families each year.
KVC Nebraska is seeking a Shared Living Specialist who will recruit and provide initial and ongoing training to families who are certified and trained to have placement of individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
The Shared Living Specialist will:
- recruit and provide initial training to families
- ensure all family homes are in compliance with state regulations
- provide ongoing support and services to families as they accept placement
- work to ensure that support and community resources are available for all families
- meet outcomes that exceed standards and provide excellent services to families
Due to the unique needs of the families we serve, this role does not have a predictable schedule. KVC staff have the flexibility to manage their own time to create a positive work-life balance, but there will be evening and weekend work required as well as significant travel time to visit families in their homes.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays with additional paid time off; 403(b) employee contribution retirement plan and profit sharing plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field is required, social work is preferred
- At least two years’ previous experience working within the Developmental Disability system, foster care system and/or with at-risk individuals, youth and families is required
- Qualified applicants must be at least 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license and car insurance.