KVC Kansas is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you!
We all need connection, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.
The Community Resource Specialist strives to identify resources in the community in order to obtain finances, hard-good donations and additional foster parent resources for KVC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned according to qualification of staff and development of programs.
Develop and maintain positive relationships with community agencies, organizations, corporations, and civic groups to provide information about KVC’s mission, attract product and cash donations, and to utilize services for KVC clients.
Increase the number of local resources, including foster families, to ensure children and youth are served effectively.
- Assist with planning/implementing foster parent appreciation picnics.
- Attend community/coalition meetings as requested.
- Update community web sites on agency happenings and/or monthly meetings.
- Facilitate informational meetings in the community.
- Contact local media sources and write press releases (newspaper, radio, television, etc.) regarding community events about foster care, in collaboration with CPA Director and KVC Development Department.
- Complete TIPS-MAPP Leader’s Training within six months of employment.
- Facilitate TIPS-MAPP informational meetings
- Research/develop recruitment tools on an ongoing basis, in collaboration with CPA Director and KVC Development Department.
- Create advertisements for publications, in collaboration with CPA Director and KVC Development Department.
- Research/locate community events at which to promote foster care.
- Attend local staff meetings.
- Conduct follow-up calls/mailings to prospective organizations and contacts
- Enter every prospective contact and their information in the Recruitment database for tracking purposes.
- Maintain phone contact with contacts
- Prepare and mail information packets
- Complete activity logs on all recruitment contacts.
- Maintain/update database
- Field questions about foster care from community members and/or local organizations.
- Review annually and update, if needed, materials to assist with recruitment efforts, in collaboration with CPA Director and KVC Development Department.
- Establish annual contact goals by county in recruiting prospective foster parents; assist with recruitment of families for children with specific needs (i.e. placements for teenagers, special needs, medically fragile, etc.).
- Promote finder’s fee; monitor referral process and tracking.
- Promote Permanency Bonus program.
- Research other types of incentives to assist with recruitment of foster families.
- Train and educate new staff to understand the function of this role.
- Write status reports for management team meetings.
- Promote community awareness of the mission of KVC
- Be an agency expert on KVC’s brand guidelines
- Create and write content for KVC Kansas’ website, blog, social media pages, print materials, etc.
- Execute the marketing strategy plan for recruitment of foster parents
- Collect stories from foster parents, clients, and community partners to include in KVC’s online and print publications
- Utilize email marketing tool, MailChimp, to create and share stories about KVC with subscribers
- Maintain awareness of developments in marketing, public relations and nonprofit services
- Initiate agency efforts to increase exposure in the community
- Promote agency programs through designing publications and resource materials in collaboration with KVC Communications Department
- Attend community organization engagements, conduct presentations and interface with child welfare advocacy groups and other associations in order to provide knowledge, gather information and ensure successful recruitment of KVC foster families through strategic partnerships
- Strategically network with community officials, other non-profit organizations, donors and volunteers to advance KVC’s mission, values and values within the communities KVC serves. A “grass roots” approach will be necessary at times to cultivate the relationship between the agency and community.
- Assist in planning and execution of special events including Resource Family Conference, foster family appreciation picnics, and fundraising events.
- Share reporting on metrics related to the recruitment of foster families, fundraising goals, and other special projects with supervisor
Previous experience in nonprofits is highly preferred; experience with marketing/communication strategies preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field strongly preferred. Licensure/Certification: None Experience: Previous experience in nonprofits is highly preferred; experience with marketing/communication strategies preferred.