About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing public schools that has been committed to creating joyful, academically excellent schools in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is part of the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates 100,000+ students nation-wide and supports students to college graduation through our KIPP Through College program.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 3 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 1 high school. 94% of our 2020 alumni graduated high school with acceptance to college and are projected to complete college at a rate 3x that of their peers. 86% of our students identify as Black or Latinx and 16% are identified as diverse learners. We are excited to continue our growth to ensure all students in Nashville have access to an excellent education.
Our mission is that, together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence they need to pursue the paths they choose – college, career, and beyond – so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. If you share this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do what it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
The Associate Teacher role provides aspiring and new teachers with the experience they need to become excellent Lead Teachers. Benefits of this pathway include:
- A partnership with the Relay Graduate School of Education that provides TN teacher certification and a Master’s degree at no cost to the teacher.
- Close mentorship under a master Lead Teacher
- Progressive and scaffolded teaching responsibilities over the course of the academic year
Upon the completion of a successful year, Associate Teachers will have the opportunity to move into a Lead Teacher position in one of our Elementary School classrooms.
Responsibilities of a KIPP Nashville Elementary Associate Teacher include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- In collaboration with grade level team, plan and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum that assesses students’ progress
- Support the collection of data to inform instructional decisions
- Lead small-group instruction in partnership with Lead Teacher(s)
- Perform clerical duties, as needed, that serve to advance student learning
- Demonstrate passion for pedagogy
- Commitment to School and Classroom Culture
- Work collaboratively with your school team and those across KIPP Nashville
- Help maintain school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Enforce, uphold, and exhibit school’s values, student management policies and culture
- Family Engagement
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and share progress
- Be available for open houses, parent teacher conferences and other events involving parents
- Growth Mindset
- Demonstrate commitment to professional growth as a teacher
- Pursue challenging professional goals
- Willing to offer support and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that is conducive to change and improvement
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly during the academic year (held during school hours)
Qualifications & Experience
- Commitment to working with under-served students
- Commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission
- Commitment to obtain a Tennessee teacher license
- At minimum 2.75 GPA and eligibility to enroll in the Relay Graduate School of Education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Experience working with students from educationally under-resourced communities (Preferred)
Salary is competitive and includes benefits.
Apply directly at https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/KIPP/nashville. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.