We know you’re not just looking for an internship. You want an adventure — to do something that makes a real impact on the world around you. By interning at KBS, you will be placed at the heart of our business operations, exposing you to not only the vast services we provide across the organization, but more importantly, exposing you to the leaders and decision makers of our company. Behind each bridge built to connect communities, each river used to generate energy, and each tunnel bored to minimize ground level restrictions, you’ll find a member of Kiewit Business Services.
So while you’ll be helping our organization to build awesome things, we’ll be helping you build relationships and business connections that will serve as a foundation for your professional career. Kiewit is only the best, because our people are the best; we only have the best people because of our burning desire to help them grow as individuals and professionals. At Kiewit, you’ll find our leaders are coaches, not managers. You’ll be given the freedom to achieve, and our coaches will assist from the sidelines by removing obstacles. Kiewit interns are not passengers on a path towards excellence; you’re the driver. As the Payroll Intern, you will provide support for the completion of special projects, collaboration sessions, and strategic initiatives that align with company business goals. One of your primary responsibilities will be to assist in the identification, assessment, and facilitation of continuous improvement efforts with the KBS teams.
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
This is a shared services environment in Kiewit Business Center, a professional office setting in Omaha, NE.
- Ability to adapt and improve changes in practices and processes
- Possess the ability to formulate and assist in delivering alternative solutions based on requirements given and align them with Kiewit’s best practices
- Analyze, interpret, and present data in a meaningful way to help drive results
- Explore customer need requirements and determine how operations can be altered to improve service
- Conduct operational research and assist in conducting studies for alternative business solutions
- Ability to solve complex problems relating to the operations of the business
- Assist with coordinating business improvement initiatives within the KBS departments
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to interpret data and offer appropriate options for improvement strategies
- Ability to utilize continuous improvement philosophies, tools, and techniques
- Measure, document, and assist in driving the progress towards meeting objectives and deadlines
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated with the ability to effectively manage time
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Proficiency in creating presentations and reports for KBS stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management, change management, and organizational skills
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills
- Collaborative worker and strategic thinker
- Self-starter that takes ownership in projects
- High-level of flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements and environments
- Ability to interact cross-functionally with various levels of KBS employees and management
- Proficiency in drafting policies, procedures, process flowcharts, and other standard business documents
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.