Kidwell is looking for a hard-working, positive, and self-motivated individual who would be available to work part-time during the school year and full-time in the summer as an Estimation Intern. This internship is a great opportunity for students looking to gain experience in the estimation or construction field.
This intern will work with our Estimation Team to ensure they have accurate and detailed information compiled for all our commercial Electrical and Low Voltage bids. The ability to effectively communicate processes and best practices is a must in this position. Strong candidates will have exceptional communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Update and maintain all of Kidwell’s internal estimating databases, this includes updating our Electrical and Low Voltage information.
- Conduct quantity take off’s and counts to ensure that estimators have accurate information while preparing a bid.
- Distribute change orders, transmittals, and RFI’s
- Create and coordinate operation and maintenance manuals
- Pickup and distribute plans, specs, and other job-related materials as needed
- Other duties as assigned
· Must be a current student perusing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field.
· Experience with Microsoft Office is required, experience with Estimation or other estimation software’s is preferred but not required.
· Proficiency in Bluebeam is preferred.
· Ability to problem solve issues or communicate any issues with the team effectively.
· Communication skills that are strong, well developed, and informative.
· Ability to work 20+ hours/week. Hours can be worked anytime between 6am-5pm.