As a Manufacturing intern at the Kellogg company, you’ll experience first-hand what it’s like to be part of the Manufacturing organization, while working at one of our many facilities across the United States! You will be accountable for applying key learnings to successfully assist and execute different projects within the plant environment that may include continuous improvement initiatives and so much more. You will be working within one of our (delicious) categories – Ready-to-eat Cereal, Salty Snacks or Frozen. Excited for what lies ahead? We are too.
This is a GR-R-REAT opportunity to learn with us and use your creativity and abilities, while enhancing and developing new skills. Engage with us as you explore different technical competencies and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter. We can’t wait to see what you’ll bring to the table.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL DOING
- Supply Chain effectiveness – You will get to assist with the operations in the development and enhancement of manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Operating Conditions (SOCs).
- Continuous Improvement driven – You will have the chance to participate in continuous improvement projects and drive results to change processes/documentation.
- Process Management – As a Manufacturing Intern, you will perform operations-related data entry and create reports on key performance indicators. You will also hold presentations for regular employee communications.
- Cross Functional Collaboration skills – A big part of your role will be working alongside Plant Leadership, Operations Supervisors, Operations Specialists and frontline associates to complete day-to-day tasks.
- The Bottom Line – Don’t forget! In your role, you will also complete special projects or assignments to support the plant, while following Kellogg Safety Procedures. And this is only the beginning.
- Your Seat at the Table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellogg business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to execute leadership.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office applications
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving skills and an Owner’s Mindset
- Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Engineering majors are highly preferred, but other related majors may also be acceptable
- Leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
- Ability to work on a team as well as the ability to work autonomously
- Natural curiosity and ability to handle complexity
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Potential work locations include:
- Cary, North Carolina
- Jackson, Tennessee
- Muncy, Pennsylvania
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Rossville, Tennessee
- Wyoming (Grand Rapids), Michigan
As part of the Kellogg Internship program, you will participate in a corporate onboarding orientation at our Kellogg World Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City, USA!). This event consists of executive exposure, previous intern panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 12-week, full-time commitment starting May 2021. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? This role is located in one of the listed cities above and requires a 3-month commitment (May 10th- July 30th). The summer concludes with a Final Showcase event and presentation to functional leaders.
Please note – the COVID-19 pandemic will not impact the Kellogg Intern Program and internship experience for summer 2021.
What’s not to love? Apply today and find out what it’s like to #InternAtK!
Come join our Kellogg Family! It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link.