Sales & Marketing Account Manager/ Radio & Digital
We are seeking a high-energy Account Manager to join our sales and marketing team! If you are motivated by the opportunity to be quickly rewarded for outstanding personal performance, this may be a great job for you.
You will be responsible for managing an active list of on-air clients and prospecting (including cold calling) to gain new accounts. You will be required to develop partnerships with existing and new clients to create innovative marketing, sales, and media plans to help them meet their sales and business objectives. You will provide superior customer service making sure their advertising programs are fresh, unique, and effective. You will help them write compelling scripts to highlight their products, services, and benefits. If you are interested in the broadcast side of radio, you may also enjoy the opportunity to develop or hone your on-air broadcast skills, technical abilities, and knowledge of how local radio serves its communities.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
• Two years of sales or marketing experience
• An equivalent combo of education and intern experience will be considered
Present and sell KDSN, company products, and services to new and existing clients while serving as a station ambassador in the community.
Partner with clients to develop effective copy, scripts and annual marketing plans. Specific duties include:
* Prospect and contact potential customers
* Reach agreed upon sales and new account targets
* Resolve client and/or customer inquiries and complaints
* Set follow-up appointments to keep clients aware of program and sponsorship opportunities, and refresh copy and ads
* Create sales material to present to Clients
* Manage simple digital ad integration tasks for your clients on social media and website.
* Above average verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to develop advertising copy and marketing presentations. During the interview process you will be asked to demonstrate these skills.
* Sales staff hours are 8 am -5pm weekdays with occasional weeknight or weekend events to attend.
* Dress code is business casual.
* Understanding of basic marketing and business principles.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Experienced in Microsoft Office software
* Ability to build rapport with clients and represent KDSN Radio at community events
* Well-versed in digital/social media
* Deadline and detail-oriented
* Organized and skilled in time management- a self-starter who relishes the opportunity to quickly grow income by increasing sales and commissions.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
Other Helpful Skills or Experience:
* Experience in media sales, customer service, digital marketing, or other related fields is very helpful.
* Prior media, marketing, or copy-writing experience.