Join us as a Public Relations Intern at a fast growing, venture-backed company!
We read all cover letters.
Who we are.
Juno is the first collective bargaining group for financial products. Since 2018, we’ve saved our members millions in interest and fees on their student loans. Now, we are expanding our suite of products to include insurance and auto loans!
We’re fixing an enormous problem (opaque and uncompetitive pricing of financial products) with an innovative, yet simple solution. We use group buying power to get providers to compete with each other and offer the most affordable products to our members.
We are hiring a dynamic full-time Public Relations Intern to help run our outreach to a range of audiences including undergraduate students, graduate students, parents, and more.
In this role, you’ll:
- Write and edit communication materials (news releases, blogs, fact sheets, pitches, corporate emails, etc…) ensuring accuracy, quality, and consistency
- Focus on reaching and maximizing key influencers to help tell our story
- Manage all media relations including actively pitching digital and broadcast news outlets, reporters, writers, bloggers, and other key influencers
- Run strategic PR brainstorming sessions
- Monitor and report daily news coverage, industry, and competitive news
- Maintain media and influencer lists
- Serve as a knowledgeable, professional ambassador of the business: Smart, reliable, and detailed
- Support our existing social efforts and are comfortable taking on additional tasks related to content management, community management, and social posting if needed.
Who you are.
You have a demonstrated interest in public relations through your college major, recent graduate, or relevant coursework in PR, communications, or journalism. You are excited to take on responsibility and are eager to roll up your sleeves and hustle with the team.
You have strong written and verbal communications skills, outstanding organizational skills, and are detail-oriented, especially when reporting facts and figures related to student loans.
You have experience working with distributed teams and can manage your time.
You possess exceptional written and verbal communication, planning, and organizational skills.
You are detail-oriented, especially when reporting facts and figures related to student loans to media contacts or responding to media questions.
You love media relations and are passionate about sharing Juno’s mission with the world.
Open to feedback, curious and a team player.
Additional Valuable Experiences
Prior experience in working in public relations with an existing network of media contacts you can pitch is valued.