The aim of the Swire Management Programme is to develop high performance, high potential individuals into business leaders to drive the business forward. On the Programme, you’ll have the option to explore different industries, functions, countries and cultures while having the flexibility to hone your skills and gain experience in the areas that interest you most. With frequent job rotations, extensive training and development support, you’ll never stop growing.
Every few years, you’ll experience job rotations which will be driven by business needs, but also take into consideration your preferences and aspirations. Depending on the Operating Company you work in, the type of roles that you’ll get exposure to and the geographic mobility will vary. Opportunities to move across operating companies are also available.
Training and development
We offer a comprehensive mix of experiential leadership training, industry-specific technical skills training, and individualised functional and language training. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend training at renowned business schools such as INSEAD in Singapore and France.
For the first three years, you’ll be a Management Trainee and, thereafter, provided you have what it takes, you will become a Swire Management Programme Executive. The stronger your performance and potential, the faster you will progress on our Programme. We encourage and promote a high performance culture, with rewards and recognition in place to differentiate.
Compensation and benefits
The Programme offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with a monthly starting salary of HKD31,000. If you’re based in Hong Kong, you will be provided with company housing for the first three years or a cash allowance of HKD12,500. You’ll then receive a cash allowance in subsequent years. If you’re based outside Hong Kong, you will be provided with company housing or a cash allowance. We also offer a leave passage allowance, an attractive bonus, medical coverage, a retirement benefit scheme and additional perks unique to Swire!
As an equal opportunities employer, we’re looking for a diverse pool of graduates who are intellectually curious, business minded, driven, adaptable with the initiative and enterprise to develop into future business leaders.
If that sounds like you, visit leadership.swire.com to apply now!
- You have the business and commercial acumen, as well as the ambition, to develop into a senior leader with Swire.
- Strong initiative and enterprise.
- Geographic mobility will be expected. Swire Management Programme Executives will spend most of their time working in HKSAR and the Chinese mainland but may also be required to work in other countries where our businesses operate. The extent of travel outside HKSAR will depend on which industry/operating company you work in.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and learning agility.
- Strong leadership potential and interpersonal skills, a good team player.
- Culturally sensitive and quickly adaptable to new roles and situations.
- Strong academic track record: you have or are expecting an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK 2.1/GPA 3.0 out of 4.0; and a high level of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (minimum HKDSE 5, TOEFL 80, TOEIC 750 or equivalent).
- Other language skills are an advantage, especially Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese).
- Previous work experience, internships and overseas experience are a plus.
Application Period for Swire Management Programme 2021:
16 September 2020 to 31 October 2020 (23:59 HKT)