Technician Intern – Engineering
John Deere ISG – Fargo, an innovative technological leader in the custom design and manufacture of electronic controls, displays and sensors, is recruiting for Technician Intern positions located in Fargo, ND. Flexible schedule available through Summer 2021.
Test, repair and maintain electronic products.
1. Conduct manual test of electronic circuits and assemblies, and document results.
2. Rework electronic circuits and assemblies.
3. Build test harnesses, loads and circuit boards to support engineering.
4. Set up lab equipment per engineering instruction.
5. Perform maintenance on equipment and products.
1. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
2. Working knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheets, and word processing.
3. Understanding of trouble shooting methodologies to identify root cause.
4. Ability to read and comprehend engineering documents, e.g., schematics or diagrams.
5. Ability to maintain necessary product records and documentation.
6. Ability to assemble and disassemble products.
What makes you stand out:
1. Ability to solder
2. Strong mechanical aptitude
3. Familiarity with manufacturing processes and electronic components
4. Knowledge of test equipment, e.g., multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
5. Experience with 3D printing
6. Experience in one or more of the following areas:
b. Electrician/Electrical contracting
c. On-road/off-road Automotive repair
d. Communication/Networking hardware
e. Computer repair
f. Robotics, automation, or mechatronics