Residential Maintenance Technician, Palm Springs
Job Title: Residential Maintenance Technician, Palm Springs
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Pay Rate: $16 – $17
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Overview: The Residential Maintenance Technician position is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on moving families and individuals out of poverty. The position will work in our HUD programs to coach families & individuals exiting homelessness towards housing stability and ultimately long-term self-sufficiency and increased family opportunity. This job will be primarily performing and conducting maintenance issues and driving through out Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs and Coachella Valley. Please be aware this position needs to have a minimum of Two-years of property maintenance experience and the knowledge and skills necessary for minor housing repairs including electrical, plumbing, wall patch and more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform building maintenance and repairs for client units, including basic electrical, plumbing, patching walls, installation of appliances, locks, smoke alarms, painting, etc.
- Provide local relocation assistance, including moving of furniture, furniture assembly and cleaning of client units when vacated.
- Oversee assigned residential properties addressing any maintenance and safety issues.
- Monitor and implement all Housing Quality Safety inspections as mandated by HUD.
- Follow-up on work orders for residential properties.
- Creating all client Occupancy Agreements and the necessary attachments.
- Review and sign client Occupancy Agreement documents upon move in.
- Follow-up on all reasonable accommodation and modification needs. Be familiar with Fair Housing Laws.
- Document lease violations and follow-up on any necessary corrective action plans with client and other staff.
- Respond to staff and client needs.
- Work independently.
- Assist with move-in and move-out of clients.
- Maintain an inventory of all program supplies.
- Assist Program Manager in creative strategies to ensure client lease compliance while maintaining good standing with the property management companies.
- This position will interact with clients and maintain confidentiality on a consistent basis.
- On-call as necessary for site emergencies.
MINIMUM DESIRED EXPERIENCE, JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Two-years of property maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and skills necessary for minor housing repairs including electrical, plumbing, wall patching, etc.
- Ability to relate to a diversity of individuals and their needs as they apply to homelessness.
- Demonstrate quality interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License, clean DMV and current insurance. This position requires driving throughout Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs and Coachella Valley.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Must be able to pass a Livescan, background check and drug test.
- Ability to proficiently use Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to write clear, concise e-mails.
- Ability to apply common sense when carrying out instructions or when making logical decisions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving mathematical variables.
- The employee must regularly lift or move 25 to 40 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to life, stand, walk, lift and drive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. As a routine part of work, employees will generally be required to use their hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The table on the next page provides additional details of certain physical demands of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.