Position Title: Data and Outreach Coordinator (LISC AmeriCorps)
Organization: San Diego for Every Child /LISC San Diego
Position Type: Part-Time, 10 months
Pay Rate: The position pays a total stipend of $9,000. The stipend is taxable and paid in 20 equal checks twice a month from LISC. Direct deposit is required. Upon successful completion of the full term of service, the member will be eligible for a $3,097.50 education award to pay off existing, eligible student loans or return to school.
JFS is looking for a compassionate, mission-driven individual to join the San Diego for Every Child team as the Data and Outreach Coordinator (LISC AmeriCorps member). In this role, you have the opportunity to use your communication and analytical skills and outreach experience to make a meaningful difference in your community and help change lives across San Diego. The Data and Outreach Coordinator plays an integral role on the team and supports the entire agency by helping to raise awareness about the prevalence of child poverty, and invite more San Diegans to be part of the solution. This position reports directly to the Director of San Diego for Every Child and works closely with the other LISC AmeriCorps members.
- Review, update, analyze, and assist in visualizing and sharing data (i.e. US Census – American Community Survey data) for better understanding of child poverty across San Diego County;
- Attend, report on, and present at community meetings as a representative of San Diego for Every Child;
- Regularly communicate data and updates through San Diego for Every Child’s external channels (social media, email listservs, community meetings);
- Research and develop San Diego for Every Child’s outreach and community engagement plan and infrastructure to be used as a foundation for future activities;
- Members are expected to attend and participate in all LISC AmeriCorps sponsored activities including but not limited to:
Attending a local onboarding session coordinated by LISC;
Attending a national leadership conference in March 2021;
Attending all locally sponsored monthly meetings;
Participating in nationally sponsored webinars;
Actively participating in at least two team coordinated service projects (one for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and one for National AmeriCorps Week); and;
Engaging in any other LISC events as determined by the local LISC office.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
· Desire and ability to work with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in underinvested neighborhoods;
· Comfort with presenting, or developing presentation, skills;
· Knack for creative and innovative problem-solving;
· Self-motivated and adept at online communications;
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
· Strong computer skills;
· Good written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (some night and weekends may be required).
Skills/Abilities we’d like you to Have:
· Adept at social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
· Familiar with online meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom);
· Experience with Canva and Constant Contact.
Additional information required Upon Hire:
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible to participate as a LISC AmeriCorps member the candidate: (1) must not have previously resigned from a LISC AmeriCorps position; (2) be able to earn at least 75% of the education award for this position; and (3) if having previously served, been exited with satisfactory service from a prior term.
The candidate will also need to meet all AmeriCorps eligibility requirements including but not limited to:
· Be at least 17 years of age (there is no upper age limit);
· Possess unexpired proof of status as a US citizen or possess unexpired permanent resident status and be able to provide documentation as determined by AmeriCorps during the pre-enrollment period;
· Meet the National Service Criminal History Check Requirement.
The candidate selected for this position will complete an account set up and on-line application via the MyAmeriCorps Portal located here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do as well as intake forms via a secure system.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.