EPIC RESOURCE NAVIGATOR – TEMPORARY
Job Title: EPIC Resource Navigator – Temporary
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: $20-21/hour, Part-Time (30 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Overview: The Bilingual Resource Navigator will be responsible for directly supporting clients with urgent COVID 19 related needs funded by the County of San Diego Community in Action program. This position will connect individuals and families to supports designed to address the economic impacts of COVID 19, assist clients in navigating resource systems, and break down services to manageable goals to establish patterns of success. The position will strive to provide welcoming, integrated, culturally and linguistically responsive services focused on clients’ strengths and work across departments to support the self-sufficiency of individuals and families. This position will report to the Access JFS Manager.
What You Will Do:
· Attend to telephone calls and walk-in clients, assessing each situation, screening for high-risk situations
· Provide comprehensive assessments for individuals and families, identifying areas of need and connecting to resources
· Carry a caseload of individuals and families for follow up (estimated 40-50 households)
· Assist with distribution of goods (including diapers and financial assistance) to clients at the main campus
· Obtain completed eligibility verification documentation for all clients
· Complete internal program referrals in a timely fashion
· Provide appropriate external referrals as needed and with a “warm hand-off”
· Assist in the maintenance of current information on JFS programs as well as outside community resources
· Maintain documentation of client interactions in software system with integrity and in line with the quality standard set by supervisor
You Will Need:
· High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree (in a human services field) preferred
· Bilingual/Bicultural preferred
· Minimum of one year of experience in a case management/resource coordination role
· Comfort working in an environment where multiple languages are spoken
· Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organizations/programs service population
· Understanding of the low-income population and the concept of trauma informed care
· Desire to work in an integrated team environment
· Demonstrated persistence in finding resources that address the multi-factored impacts of poverty
· Experience setting limits when working with poor and stressed clients, often in some level of urgency
· Ability to show an unconditional positive regard for clients who turn to JFS for support
· Previous training in Motivational Interviewing and Financial Literacy
· Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings
To Move Forward in the application process:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the external application. Click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Principals and local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For more than 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often lifesaving. At JFS, we believe our employees are the backbone of our agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.