Is this you? A student studying computer science, IT, programming, and computer engineering who is interested in learning more about DevOps. If you’re want to do amazing work, learn about cloud solutions, and have a little fun along the way with good people, then this internship is for you!
Who are we? So glad you asked! Jelecos is a technology consulting company headquartered in Omaha, NE that specializes in AWS cloud solutions. We’re an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and Certified Solution Provider focused on migration, optimization, transformation and cloud-first application consulting.
What would you do? The DevOps Intern’s role, under the guidance of an intern mentor, is responsible for the technical aspects of architecting and developing solutions in conjunction with the Application Services and Infrastructure Services teams. The role has responsibility for ensuring systems and applications are maintained, supported, and upgraded based on industry best practices and established company standards, policies, and procedures with keen attention to the quality of service and deliverables produced for clients. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and will strive to learn the best practices of cloud development, systems and security. Support both internal and external project-related activities for Cloud deployment and automation.
What are the details?
- Participate in application development projects for our customers
- Develop DevOps automation scripts, plugins and apps to monitor the availability and security of our platform
- Assist in application deployments, testing and building new automation systems
- Contribute to the creation of system support documents, and ops processes
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies
What do you know?
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with AWS-based development is a plus
- Some knowledge of relational database systems
- Ability and passion to learn, research, and test new technologies
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week between 8am – 5pm, M-F.
- An eligible student intern is any person who:
- has earned their High School diploma (with focus on math, programming, or information technology related courses)
- is in the process of obtaining higher education/degree in the field of management information systems, computer science, information security, computer engineering, or business administration preferred
- applies within six months following graduation from a college, university, or other institution of higher education
What do you get from us?
- Casual atmosphere
- Recognition program
- Fun company events
- Referral program
- A great place to spend most of your time and more!
- Hourly wage: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Internship duration: 6 months
- This is not a remote position; you must be able to work at our Omaha office