JOB TITLE: Field Organization Intern, Communications Intern, Finance Intern, (all non-paid)
REPORTS TO: Field Director, Finance Director, Comms Director, or Executive Director
FUNCTION: Train to be either a grassroots organizer or a finance and communications fellow. Applicants should be willing to take direction and be able to work closely with organization heads, state senators, and BFS executive staff. Desired traits include being able to learn quickly about the functions of state government and/or how organizing works while also being flexible in their areas of learning and be willing to work as an effective member of a team. An interest in political work and community outreach is required, minimal prior experience needed.
- Participate in trainings and skill-building exercises on the theory, practice and ideology Blue Fire Strategies employs in its grassroots organizing program.
- Cross train and shadow in other areas of Blue Fire Strategies to develop strong organizational knowledge.
- Provide support to the Blue Fire Strategies executive team. These duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Assist with phone programs
- Staff activist recruitment and outreach events
- Input and track departmental data
- Participate in departmental meetings as requested
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to recruit, educate and mobilize the volunteers in the community
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A commitment to progressive policies, candidates, and ideals. This commitment must not be limited toward one candidate, or one issue, but extend to the overall goals of all of the clients BFS works for.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Blue Fire Strategies business and activities on and off of the job.
10 – 12 hours a week expected time commitment.
Interested applicants should send their resume to our Executive Director:
Brandon Bayer, email@example.com, 402-380-2930
No deadline to apply BUT EARLIER IS BETTER