Jan-Pro is a successful and highly recognized commercial cleaning franchise company with a regional office in Omaha, NE. The regional office in Omaha, NE develops local unit franchisees and helps them generate and retain customers through a system of cleaning practices, communication, and ongoing coaching / management skills. The Omaha, NE office has been operating since 2003 and we are seeking the right individual to help us in the Greater Omaha area.
The Operations Support Specialist provides daily field support to our network of over 35 local unit franchisees. Support provided includes training, guidance with starting new clients, inspections of franchisees performance and compliance within the franchise model, assistance with troubleshooting customer requests / complaints, and coordinating site visits of accounts. This position is a full-time role with some flexibility required as business needs dictate. Work hours will generally be between the hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, with rotating days worked to include evenings twice a week from 5:00 PM till 1:00 AM which includes some weekends (usually two consecutive days off are scheduled). If offered this position you can expect a competitive base salary ($35K+), bonus opportunities, Simple IRA plan, and the opportunity to expand your career based on performance.
POSITION SCOPE: The Field Service Consultant’s job is to protect account retention by providing daily field support to our network of local unit franchise owners. Support provided includes proactive site visits of customers, certifying of new and current franchise owners, coordinate starting new clients, inspections of franchisees performance and compliance within the franchise model, and assistance with troubleshooting customer requests/complaints. Additional responsibilities include providing estimates for special services and increased cleaning requests, installing dispensers, delivering customer janitorial products, floor technician special services such as stripping and waxing of VCT, carpet extraction, etc.
This is a position that requires field work. Work hours will generally be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with evenings worked twice a week for certifications sessions for our Unit Franchise Owners coming onboard. You will clean with franchisees on new account starts and emergency cleans which includes some weekends and/or evenings. For certification events, 5% of your time could be overnight travel.
· Account retention
· Customer Inspections
· Recommending solutions and ongoing certifications to assist franchisees in improving service levels
· Identifying additional special service opportunities to assist in increasing franchisee revenue
· Preparation and delivery of the initial franchise certification and providing classroom and onsite certifications sessions for new franchisees
· Thoroughly documenting and providing reports on customer and franchisee visits and/or phone calls
· Communicating and certifying franchisees regarding customer service practices and processes
· Performing customer service calls
· Promptly providing guidance to franchisees in troubleshooting customer requests/complaints or deficiencies identified during client inspections
· Closing the loop on customer service calls and marginal inspections
· Assisting with new customer startups, insuring scope of work has been completed
· Coordinating meetings with the franchisees in the field at customer locations
· Deliver customer supplies
· Expected to perform cleaning services along with floor technician responsibilities including stripping and waxing, carpet extraction, floor buffing, team cleaning certification, etc.
· Understanding the value and benefits of the Jan-Pro brand
· Documenting best practices in the field through written reports, photos, and video
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
· ability to function in high-pressure situations
· manual dexterity to operate a computer (desk-top and lap-top) and other electronic equipment
· ability to lift 50 lbs and to handle large cleaning equipment
· correctable vision and hearing
· ability to transfer office supplies up to 50 pounds into vehicle
· clear, easy to understand oral communication ability
· ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods
· air conditioned/heated office environment
· exposure to artificial interior lighting
· low to medium level noise
· exposure to hazards as typically found in office products, production & medical facilities, disinfectants, and equipment
Since we are a franchise model, we have general working procedures. You will be expected to:
· follow step-by-step procedures that already exist
· make suggestions to the team on how to improve procedures
· notify team if procedures are not being followed so the team can determine ‘why’
· create step-by-step checklists for other staff to follow
POSITION EXPECTATIONS AND PERFORMANCE METRICS
· 80 new, signed inspections per month
· Monthly Average cancellation rate of accounts of less than 1%
· Attend first night cleans on all new accounts with Franchise Owner
· Attend any first night transfer cleans on accounts with a franchise owner that is less than 6 months with Jan-Pro
· Be available for franchise owners to contact via phone on evening and weekends.
· Conduct any of the certification sessions and attend at least one certification session (evening and day) for each franchisee class (there should not be a new franchisee that you have not met before they have finished certification)
· Understand how to use and be able to demonstrate all cleaning equipment and machines
· Be proficient in processing all tasks in the systems used and make sure that all your tasks are up to date
· Be skilled in special services and times required to conduct bids and deliver sales on special services.
· Assist in any other way to make the Operations Team and the office successful.
· Follow company policies as outlined in the company policy guide
· Treat employees, customers and franchise owners with respect and courtesy. Harassment of any type will not be tolerated.
· Dress professionally with either logo attire or appropriate business attire
· Treat the office and company owned assets with respect and care. You are expected to keep your area of the office and your vehicle, if you have one, neat and well maintained. You will be asked to assist in keeping the general areas of the office neat and clean.
· Be prompt to meetings.
· All employees need to keep company information or discussions confidential and are required not to share internal discussions with either customers or franchise owners.
· This office is a non-smoking office and smoking in the office, on its premises and in its vehicles is a violation of company policy.
I have reviewed the Job Description and Expectations for this position: _______________________________________
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Company reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.