The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have Sales Internship positions available within our Food Group organization.
The Sales Intern program for the Simplot Food Service selling organization is an integrated learning opportunity, giving you a broad understanding of how we sell and the different departments that support that sales process. The program is structured to develop an understanding of customer needs by engaging in solution-based consultative selling; developing product/technical expertise; refining communication, presentation, and leadership skills; and building a thorough understanding of company structure, roles, functions, and core values.
· Support the Zone Sales Planner in the development of local market plans for the field designed to help them reach their sales objectives.
· Support the lead management process as customers engage with Simplot via email or phone, which would include handling the product inquiry or information request to close or communicate customer needs to the field for further follow up.
· Support Regions with distributor customers not assigned to a field sales person.
· Develop relationships with assigned customers through frequent touch via phone/email and potential local market visits.
· Meet and learn from Food Group executives
· Travel to markets to learn how we approach different customer segments
· Attend regional food shows
· Build relationships and partner with various internal departments such as Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Culinary, Demand Planning, Production, and Logistics to accomplish key initiatives and complete day-to-day operations.
· Research industry and marketing trends and develop product suggestions based on findings. Supply programs, information, and tools that aid selling efforts.
· Identify or follow-up on new operator sales opportunities with ability to assess the opportunity and match to product and other solutions; e.g., merchandising, recipe, culinary, etc.
Relocation support is provided.
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college or university
· Strong academic record (suggested minimum 3.0 GPA), with a bachelor’s degree emphasis in Agriculture, Food Science, Sales, Marketing, Business, or Hospitality
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**