The SGS mission is simple: ‘Delivering Solutions to Growers’. With over 100 retail locations and a full line of crop inputs, Simplot Grower Solutions is your one-stop resource for agricultural supplies and precision agronomy services. This Simplot Grower Solutions’ position provides customer service to growers through the sale of crop nutrition, crop protection, seed, specialty, technology and other agronomic products and consultative services.
This Simplot Grower Solutions’ position provides customer service to growers through the sale of crop nutrition, crop protection, seed, specialty, technology and other agronomic products and consultative services. The position is led under the general direction of the Market Manager, who provides support and leadership to all Crop Advisors within specifically recognized agronomic geographies to achieve the Company’s financial goals and operational objectives. We currently have multiple summer internships open at our Nebraska and Colorado location.
What’s in it for you?
This internship opportunity is designed to provide a realistic job preview and lay the solid foundation necessary for future employment as a Simplot Crop Advisor.
This is your chance to learn firsthand about agronomic issues that impact yields and profitability and how to best serve the grower’s needs in their particular growing area.
Essential Functions: This internship has been designed to work with multiple SGS locations in the Eastern Colorado and Western Nebraska Area doing primarily the following:
• Soil sampling, plant sampling, product testing, product applications, and field scouting in production agriculture areas.
• Assisting crop advisors with seed and crop care activities to also include computer input of fertilizer application tracking, scouting reports and other spreadsheets as needed.
• Developing thorough knowledge and understanding of our computer programs, product deliveries, inventory tracking, and safety requirements.
• Assist Area Seed Marketing Advisor in plot trials
• Assist Area Technical Service Rep” with various product field development & product sales support functions.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 (preferred)
• Currently enrolled in an accredited university and completed at least freshman year
• Valid driver’s license
• A farm background or farm experience is preferred but not required
• Overtime and weekend work during busy season
• We have Summer internships available for 2021.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**