- Hands-on development experience with environmentally friendly advanced autonomous vehicle.
- Familiarity with hardware tools of ADAS: physical sensors including camera, Lidar, radar, GPS/IMU.
- Familiarity with ADAS software: ROS, algorithms needed to do perception, data fusion and such.
- Hands-on testing experience on different kinds of virtual & physical testing software/environments.
- Programming experience – C++/Python.
Provides hands-on assistance to Engineers. Supports testing, modeling and engineering operations as needed. Acquires experience in different disciplines within the powertrain and vehicle development areas. Intern will performs task of increasing complexity throughout the internship period.
% of time spent on each activity
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
30% 1. Works with engineers to learn and perform modeling, data analysis and engine calibration techniques and procedures.
20% 2. Assists with the collection and processing of virtual and/or physical engine and performance and emissions related data and communicates results to appropriate personnel.
20% 3. Troubleshoots hardware and system issues and identifies solutions.
20% 4. Coordinates and executes a development and validation test plan across dynamometer and in-vehicle environments.
10% 5. Participates in test trips when related to engine and emissions testing; evaluates engine performance during vehicle performance evaluations.
6. Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Manager/Sr. Manager, Powertrain Engineering
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Enrollment in accredited university, majoring in Powertrain or Vehicle Engineering related major; maintain “B” or better average/WAG of 85 or better
- Basic automotive/engine knowledge
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic PC skills in Windows applications
- Valid driver license with good record
- Must be able to work in hot and cold weather extremes
- Requires infrequent lifting of 5-60 lbs. and heavy lifting on rare occasions