Does the perfect job for you happen to be on two wheels? Our mountain bike instructors take multiple groups of campers out on our many wooded trails throughout the day, facilitate our outdoor adventure program, operate jet skis and perform daily maintenance on all of the equipment.
WORKING AT ISTC
If you have a passion for kids and sports, and want to have a summer of a lifetime, then we might be the perfect match for you!
ISTC is a one-of-a-kind sports camp that combines traditional summer camp experiences with a one week sports camp experience! Each week, 325 campers ages 8 through 17, with varying athletic abilities, come to ISTC for the time of their lives!
ISTC is a breathtakingly beautiful 500-acre facility in the heart of northeastern Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains. Our premier facilities boast modern camper cabins, pristine sports fields and impressive athletic facilities, and an incredibly picturesque 100-acre private lake.
Staff are housed in cabins that are nestled among tall pines and offer beautiful views of Trout Lake. Each one of our modern cabins contains full bathrooms. All staff have access to the Internet. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided in our Lake View Dining Center every day of your employment..
Mountain Bike Instructor
• well-rounded knowledge of mountain biking
• bike repair and maintenance knowledge desirable
• knowledge of riding skills, and the ability to teach these skills to campers
• ability to communicate thoughts and ideas to children (teaching background desirable)
• physical strength to move and lift mountain bikes
• desire and ability to work with and teach children ages 8 to 17 (camp experience desirable)
• direct and supervise ISTC’s mountain biking program
• teach and monitor the proper use of the bikes
• attend and instruct mountain biking sessions for sports sessions, recreation time
• incorporate ‘theme of the week’ activities into the mountain biking program
• supervise campers and maintain a positive learning environment
• assume responsibility for the health and welfare of the campers entrusted to your charge
• assume responsibility for enforcing the rules, policies, safety procedures, and traditions of the camp with a positive attitude
• serve as a good example to campers in personal language, appearance and health habits
• maintain mountain bikes in safe working condition
• maintain trails to enable safe and age appropriate riding conditions
• construct new riding trails, mark trails, create maps of riding trails
• purchase supplies when necessary, order repair parts and make repairs that are needed
• store bikes at the end of each day
• care for all tools, bikes, equipment, etc.
• clean bikes as necessary
• conduct pre and post camp inventory of equipment
• clean and store equipment at the end of camp
• evaluate current program and make recommendations for next year
• keep mountain bike pavilion clean and organized
• prepare and actively participate in staff training meetings and supervisory conferences
• communicate with the mountain bike director(s) through journal writing and one-on-one sessions
• carry out canteen, activity deck, evening patrol and night patrol duties on a rotating basis
• assist with camper check-in and check-out stations
• assist with camper jet skiing
Keep in mind that these are not the only duties. Some duties may be added or reassigned as necessary.