IntelinAir is a full-season and full-spectrum crop intelligence company that delivers actionable intelligence to help farmers make data-driven decisions to improve operational efficiency, yields, and ultimately their profitability. We combine the power of aerial imagery analytics through computer vision and deep learning methodologies, agronomic science and user-friendly interface technologies to deliver near real-time decision support to farmers around issues of emergence, early-season weeds, nutrient deficiencies, weather damage, water stress, insect infestations, and more. View a (very small) sample of our data at https://www.agriculture-vision.com/dataset.
We collect a ton of data, but annotations in agriculture are naturally hard. To address these challenges, we are leveraging synthetic data in this domain. This graduate internship is an opportunity to create a synthetic “game” environment for generating synthetic data for agriculture while operating in a friendly and fast-paced startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
· Use assets from the Unity Asset store to generate realistic agricultural-focused environments which can be used to produce synthetic data for machine learning training.
· The focus of this project is on the environment and data generation, not on the assets/graphics creation.
· Develop code which can be used to manipulate assets in the environment based on a set of parameters (e.g. change the width between crop rows).
· Use this environment to create and export “images” at scale for training machine learning models.
· Currently pursuing an MS or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
· Must have experience with creating environments in Unity, Unreal or other graphics engine
· Strong programming skills (Python, C# preferred), scripting, and version control (e.g. Git) practices
· Familiar with the use of synthetic data for machine learning
· Strong communication skills: ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Energetic self-starter with a passion for innovating and solving challenging problems
· Able to work independently as well as on a team
· Publication record in a related technical fields
· Experience with distributed and multi-GPU computing
· Familiarity with big-data and cloud computing
· Ability to design and execute a research plan
Learn more about us at https://www.intelinair.com/