Imerman Angels seeks an intern with an interest in making a difference in the lives of those facing cancer, gaining extensive knowledge on the benefits of a psychosocial support program and Salesforce database, all while exploring new levels of empathy with a diverse community. This intern will gain exciting real-world nonprofit experience at a thriving organization that envisions a world where no one faces cancer alone.
This intern must be bilingual (we are open to any and all languages) and have a proficient vocabulary of medical terminology in the respective language.
Touch the lives of cancer fighters, survivors, previvors, and caregivers by becoming a key member of Imerman Angels’ Programs team. Work directly with our community to provide reassurance and empathy to those seeking to be matched with a mentor whose cancer experiences mirror their own, and who understands the complexities of a diagnosis. Gain insight and knowledge through the mentorship of an experienced Cancer Support Specialist to acquire advanced skills in navigating sensitive conversations. This is a part-time, unpaid, remote internship.
This internship opportunity is for those seeking to gain:
- Understanding of cancer terminology, including diagnosis, metastasis, treatment and genetic mutation
- Empathetic communication skills and experience navigating difficult conversations
- Improved team collaboration to achieve a unified goal
- Experience assisting a diverse population with a variety of needs
- Working knowledge of Salesforce data entry
- Enhanced soft skills
- Proficiency with the Google Suite – Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Calendar, Google Meets
- Exposure to managing timelines, deadlines and improved ability to plan ahead
- Participation and partnership with non-profit operations, programs and outreach
Improve the quality of life for cancer fighters, survivors, previvors and caregivers by:
- Ensuring every person gets an empathetic and personalized one-on-one assessment that prepares them to be matched with a mentor
- Gathering important matching criteria from each new person wanting a match (Support Seeker) through a personalized phone conversation
- Collecting and assessing necessary information from people aiming to provide support to others as a Mentor Angel through a personalized phone conversation
- Recording the assessed information into the Salesforce database
- Time commitment of 10 weeks for a minimum of 20 hours per week (welcome to do up to 40 hours per week) during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm CST
Come As You Are
Imerman Angels is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Applicants and Team Members based on individual qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other classification protected by law. Imerman Angels encourages applicants to come as you are.