IKUS Life Enrichment Services (Indian Trails Camp) is seeking a RN or LPN to serve as our Summer Camp Nurse. This position supervises and oversees all components of the health center for our year-round respite programs. Our respites take place over the weekends (Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon) and provides a place to sleep and meals. This job opens up opportunities for you to be one of our nurses for our holiday camp and summer camp. If you enjoy having fun at work every day, being a part of a great team and having the opportunity to make a significant difference in our campers and staff lives-then this job is for you. Very competitive salary.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee intake process for all campers
- Provide emergency care to all campers and staff if needed.
- Prepare and administer medications daily in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- Give treatments as needed.
- Supervise medication administration
- Review, update, maintain and file medical records.
- On call during the night on a rotating basis.
- Monitor and update ongoing list of needed supplies. Stock emergency room and First Aid Kits as needed.
- Share the duties to maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the health center.
- Perform other related duties as needed or requested by the Executive Director or Camp Director.
Qualifications and Skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Current EMT, LPN, or RN nursing license. Current CPR certification. Current and valid driver’s license
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent clinical skills for working independently with pediatric and adult patients
- Confidence in delivering routine and emergency care in a camp setting
- Excellent documentation and communication skills for communication. Basic computer skills.
- Physical ability to lift/assist campers and staff for treatment.
- Able to maintain and enthusiastic presence to all campers, staff, and camper families