Territory Sales Manager
igus® Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative polymer machinery components including cable carrier systems, bearings and linear guides.
In this position, your primary responsibility will be to support existing and develop new customers in implementing igus®, products into various types of automated machinery applications. We are looking for someone who has a high mechanical aptitude with an interest in technology who enjoys building strong customer relationships. This person will be involved in all phases of the sales and support process, from application engineering through after the sales service.
· Application engineering and technical product design assistance for new as well as existing customers (technical training provided)
· Maintaining existing customer base while prospecting and doing market research to find new customers
· Creating and delivering customized sales proposals
· Must demonstrate keen organizational, computer, communication, market research, cold-calling, sales, and closing skills
· Making on-site sales and visits to connect with customers (20-30 hours of local travel per week is expected with over night travel 2-3 times a month)
· Self-motivated professional who wants to be part of a fast paced, growing organization.
· Aggressive and competitive nature to drive sales growth.
· Background in engineering, business or a related field – Bachelor’s degree in one of these areas is preferred
· Ability to work independently while producing tangible results
· Familiarity with an industrial and/or manufacturing environment is a plus.
· A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
· Initial three week to two month product training program (depending on experience) at our corporate headquarters in Rhode Island. Additional training at our global headquarters in Cologne, Germany.
· Cell phone, iPad and laptop equipped with internal company programs to ensure you are always connected.
· Dedicated inside sales and customer service support for assistance.
· Competitive base salary with annual performance increases, plus quarterly commission based on sales growth.
· Benefits program includes medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, 3% company contribution 401(k) and 2 weeks paid time-off plus holidays during the 1st year. 3 weeks paid time off plus holidays during the 2nd year.
· Company car provided after 6 months. Mileage reimbursement while car is on order.
· Hotel and air travel prepaid by igus plus a per diem allowance for overnight stays.