Humanities Nebraska (HN), a statewide non-profit organization, is seeking a part-time Program Intern for the Fall 2022 semester.
Program Intern Description:
$13 per hour, working 10 hours per week
Prime Time Family Reading and Prime Time Preschool are family literacy programs for underserved children and their parents. Programs are held in public schools, libraries, and community learning centers. Bilingual sessions are offered for Spanish-speaking families.
Under general supervision, the intern will perform the following duties:
· Assist with Prime Time evaluation, collection of data and anecdotes, compilation and distribution of survey results, filing, and distribution of books and materials.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with good communication skills (verbal and written), experience with data collection and reporting, and an interest in literacy, history and family reading programs. Familiarity with program evaluation methods would be beneficial. Ability to translate written documents from Spanish into English would be helpful.
Other programs coordinated by HN include:
· Nebraska Warrior Writers: Writing and discussion workshops for veterans and active military.
· Chautauqua: Scholars portraying historical figures bring history to life in rural communities through an entertaining and educational format.
· Capitol Forum on America’s Future: U.S. foreign policy study for high school students and their teachers across the state, culminating in a day of deliberation at the State Capitol in Lincoln.
Applications will be accepted through September 9, or until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply through Handshake or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.