The Product Marketing (Competitive Intelligence) team is looking for a research-minded Coop who loves to uncover the why behind customer behavior. You’ll help lead cross-functional competitive intelligence projects that have a big impact on the business. The CI team helps HubSpot understand the competitive landscape, our key strengths, and the features and business outcomes that resonate most with our target buyers.
In this role, you will own and execute competitive intelligence projects to inform how we bring new products to market, keep sales up to date on competitor moves, and parse through data to find insights that will benefit the marketing team. You will also have an opportunity to partner with product marketing, as well as other teams across the business, to tell the story of HubSpot’s products using research you’ve conducted.
- Organized to a fault
- Autonomous, but looking to grow and learn
- A Chameleon: able to work well with sales reps and systems analysts alike
- Storytelling capabilities that effectively move specific audiences to action
- Left Brain + Right Brain by nature: understand how data influences a funnel as much as you understand how to adjust communications as you navigate internal audiences.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting SQL and R is a plus
- Design and execute programmatic research programs, such as a win-loss interview program and competitor user interviews.
- Analyze research, deal data, and product usage data, and create data visualizations that help influence and drive go-to-market strategies for product launches.
- Work cross functionality with product management, research, sales, and product marketing to help launch new products to the market, keep teams updated on competitive moves, and effectively tell stories using data.
- Understand how content accelerates the sales process, help to manage and distribute content and messaging accordingly
- Gather qualitative feedback and data points from our front line business development team, work to improve our messaging accordingly
- Develop and deliver concise communications and messaging to the Sales Team
- Package, organize and deliver enablement resources to a global sales team
Some potential projects:
- Run end to end qualitative research projects such as closed-won / closed-lost interviews with our target growth stack customers to further develop our front-line content and sales strategies
- Work with our lead CI analyst and market research on our annual Competitive NPS Survey project and extend the research globally
- Optimize and develop templates, sequences, and sales outreach messaging
- Manage and optimize our sales content management system
- Develop expertise on selected competitors via intelligence gathering and other primary research
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program through June 2021
- Must have full-time availability (40 hours/week M-F) January-June 2021
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as the ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot is a leading growth platform on a mission to help millions of organizations grow better. We build the software and systems that empower businesses to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through our core values of flexibility, autonomy, transparency, and belonging. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe remotely and in our offices. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.